Mark your calendars for this special online presentation
One Black Neurodivergent Adult’s Journey to and Through Higher Education
10月25日星期三下午5点.m. PT / 8 p.m. ET
马克·瑟曼'18, a Landmark College alumnus and current Director for the Centers for 多样性 and 包容 will share his educational journey as a neurodiverse man of color and the difficulties of finding a supportive college community.Click here to register and you'll receive a link to the online session 24 hours before the event
Landmark College has established a 成功的中心 on the West Coast! 位于圣马特奥, 加州, LC’s new 湾区成功中心 provides neurodiverse青少年, 年轻的成年人, and adults with access to our unmatched resources and support for success in their academic and social skills development journey. 成功的中心 resources and approaches are based on the world-class academic and 学生生活 elements found on our flagship campus in Vermont, ensuring quality and effectiveness honed over 35 years of working with neurodiverse populations.
Academic and executive function supports include:
- 一个专门的 学习专业 who will offer to area students/families LC-aligned and LC-proven student support—in-person and online
- Executive function training such as goal setting, time management, organization, and problem-solving
- College-level learning strategies such as active reading, 做笔记, 改善写作过程, 应试和助记
- Access to technology-based practices such as gamification and game-based learning to engage neurodiverse individuals
- Enhancing self-advocacy skills, building relationships, and making friends
- Social events for students and family workshops
- 点击这里下载传单 about our social pragmatics services.
Where is the LC 成功的中心 located?
LC’s 成功的中心 is located in the Annex building on Stanbridge Academy campus (515 E. 杨树大道, 圣马特奥市, 加州 94401) just blocks away from the 圣马特奥市 Caltrain station, easily accessible to Highway 101 just north of Highway 92.
Who has access to the 成功的中心?
Bay Area students taking Landmark College 网上双注册课程, 大学开始, or participating in other LC Online programs, can access 成功的中心 resources. 然而, nonenrolled, neurodiverse青少年, 年轻的成年人 and adults can seek in-person and/or online support from the 成功的中心 that positions them for success as well.
What do our clients say about the 成功的中心?
在最近的调查中, 84% of client responses confirm that they are motivated to employ the strategies and tools shared by the learning specialists. During the sessions with the SC learning specialist, clients share they work on…
- Solving and figuring out ways to improve general executive function, as well as health and wellness
Clients said the most helpful tools they employed include:
- A list of reading and pacing strategies, online apps with timers that motivate you to work, pomodoro method with your own times
- Understanding why organization is useful was a big help, I didn't understand before that it's used to offload everything- no need to be memorized/remembered
- 阅读策略, 集中策略, anxiety reducing strategies regarding workload, 调度, 和健康
- Planning with the use of a calendar, 以下待办事项列表, 一般的组织, 定期去健身房, setting times/place to complete homework assignments
- Greater utilization of calendar apps and reminders to organize tasks and be more communicative with peers
You can also get information and updates about our services by subscribing to the 成功的中心's e-newsletter.
515 E. 杨树大街.